The use of infographics (IGs) in digital marketing has soared over the past few years due to the aid they provide in effective, memorable communication. Research shows the brain is better at retaining and retrieving information tied to visual stimuli–an image processor. When IGs are well-researched and well-designed, they can appeal to the right audience. They can also be powerful for your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaign and help you rank higher.
Five tips to remember when maximizing infographics for SEO include:
1. Customize your IGs: avoid design templates that are elementary, customize new designs that help you stand out from other IGs;
2. Use hard data: primary research is necessary to obtain noteworthy data via online focus groups or surveys. For example, Couponbox.com created a Real-Time spending IG based on hard data and a thoroughly-vetted algorithm;
3. Appeal to your demographics: reach your intended audience by creating IGs that appeal to them and contain content they want to see. Couponbox also created a hot toys list IG for Black Friday, appealing to their demographic of parents;
4. Get editorial links: it’s easier to receive editorial links if your IG contains good data and captivating graphics;
5. Shareable content: is your IG’s content and message worth sharing? If you do your research, your audience will want to share your beautiful, content-rich IG.
This content was previously published on hollymrollins.com.