According to a recent survey, 60 percent of consumers will abandon a website due to a negative user experience. As a business owner or marketer, your online presence dramatically reflects your entire brand—and your website is the foundation for your reputation.
If your website is slow to load, clunky to use, or unattractive to look at, it can push users to leave. But on the flip side, if all the elements gel together to create a fast, seamless, and interactive experience, you’ll see a boost in conversions. If you don’t have the time (or budget) to launch a complete redesign, here are a few simple website refresh hacks to improve visuals, content, and overall functionality:
Optimize the Landing Page Content
Unlike a homepage, which tends to be more static, landing pages are dynamic because you can tailor content for a specific audience, campaign, product launch or sales touchpoint. Each landing page you create is a chance to attract new customers.
Your content should feel interactive and compelling, and you can use the tips below to develop landing pages that convert:
- Include one call-to-action that focuses on clear value to the customer;
- Display authentic social proof through testimonials, case studies, or ratings;
- Keep the text concise and conversational;
- Create visual interest through multimedia content;
- Ensure page load times are up-to-speed;
- Audit the copy with SEO best practices in mind and;
- Don’t stop at just 1 or 2 landing pages—research from HubSpot shows that websites with at least 15 landing pages see a 55 percent increase in leads.
Update Target Keywords in All Copy
You might be familiar with the importance of keywords to elevate your website’s SEO ranking. But there’s a right way to incorporate those keywords so the content doesn’t appear spammy. During this website refresh, take some time to audit all your web text. Evaluate if the keywords in each line of copy reflect the queries that your target audience searches for. Keyword optimization is integral to SEO, but you don’t want to “keyword stuff” either, so here’s how to strike a balance:
- Focus on long-tail keywords to attract a niche segment of consumers;
- Use location-specific keywords to connect with leads in your vicinity;
- Place keywords in the meta tags, titles, or descriptions of text and visual content;
- Opt for 4–5 keywords in the body text and a keyword in each header;
- Insert each keyword into the natural flow of copy to sound credible and;
- Perform extensive audience research to learn which terms, phrases, or questions they search for regularly.
Install AI Functions and Applications
If your website refresh doesn’t include artificial intelligence (AI), you’re missing out on a big opportunity. AI website integrations make it easy for consumers to navigate your content, initiate real-time communication, and access other features.
This only scratches the surface of what AI technology can do to optimize your website’s design and functionality. And if you’re new to AI, the following tools are an excellent place to start:
- Install a chatbot. A chatbot can answer customer service queries 24–7 in a responsive and conversational format that mimics human speech.
- Offer customizable browsing. User segmentation tools analyze customer behavior data to curate unique content and visuals, tailor recommendations, or generate promotions.
- Use voice recognition. Try to build voice search recognition into your website content, allowing your information to rank higher in results with virtual assistants. Fun fact: roughly $19 billion in e-commerce transactions will occur through voice search in 2023.
- Focus on accessibility. Make navigational features on your site accessible and user-friendly to those with visual or hearing impairments (or who don’t speak English). AI can translate text, offer closed captioning, transcribe video or audio clips, and more.
Implement a Website Refresh to Boost Conversion Rates
You don’t have to reinvent the wheel entirely to execute a successful website refresh—in fact, all it takes are a few simple, strategic updates. But if this still feels daunting or you’re unsure where to start, our team of website design and development specialists at 10x Digital is here to make the process easier. Contact us today, and let’s refresh your website to deliver better results.