If you’re a marketer or business manager looking to level up your site’s user experience, you may be wondering how to create an FAQ page. You typically find FAQ pages on most successful websites, and for good reason. This handy piece of content accomplishes many goals at once while also significantly boosting your SEO.
Read on for further explanation and to learn how to create an FAQ page for your site.
What is an FAQ Page?
First, let’s start with the basics. FAQ is short for “frequently asked questions.” The FAQ page of a website addresses common questions or concerns from your target audience. Your goal with this content should be offering quick yet detailed answers to product- or service-related inquiries. Additionally, you can explain your unique selling proposition and the benefits of your company as you answer these questions.
When implemented correctly, an FAQ page can be a go-to destination for site visitors. Overall, the page can help drive traffic to your website and elevate their experience once they get there.
Why Does my Website Need an FAQ Page?
Due to SEO, an FAQ page can be one of the highest-trafficked pages on your site (more on that in #2 below). It can also serve as a landing page of sorts for interested prospects and an entry point to your sales funnel. But let’s get down to the nitty-gritty; here are four specific benefits of an FAQ page:
1. Save Time
Your customer service team likely receives the same inquires time and time again. Instead of wasting valuable time answering low-level, general questions, an FAQ page can weed out bad leads. For those in the “just browsing phase,” this page can provide concise answers about your product, service and business, which can help them decide if they want to take further action.
Think of it as your first line of defense for customer service.
2. Boost SEO
An FAQ page is an SEO gold mine. It allows you to naturally use high-value keywords to address your audience’s questions. It can be difficult to create content around many of the keywords related to your business. But frequently asked questions let you elaborate on your product, service, benefits and features, business location, industry, and more!
Question keyphrases are also an effective way to target your audience. Reports estimate that 8 percent of all queries are questions. And it makes sense; people often type an inquiry into a search engine to find solutions, for instance:
“What software should I use for tracking time at work?”
“How do I find a retirement community for my parents?”
“How do I create an FAQ page for my website?” 🙂
Moreover, if you have a great answer to one of the questions, you increase your chance of being a Google featured FAQ snippets.
3. Increase Sales and Conversions
Once a visitor lands on your website, your goal is to convert them by driving them to a desired action. The FAQ page improves UX by providing quick information to assist with their initial research. Each question can then lead to another page (potentially product or service page) with a CTA. By answering questions and providing foundational information about your product/service, you can reduce hesitation on their path to purchase or conversion.
4. Demonstrate Industry Expertise
A well-written FAQ page demonstrates expertise in your industry. You know what questions customers or clients have and can provide clear answers. What’s more, you’ve seen it all—if someone has a question about any aspect of your business, you’ve encountered it and can provide a response. As a result, your company builds authority and brand trust through your website.
How do I Create an FAQ Page?
Creating an FAQ section for your company’s website doesn’t need to be overwhelming. Here are just a few tips for optimizing your FAQ page:
- Provide thorough yet concise answers: demonstrate authority and depth of knowledge in your answers, but avoid wordiness. Give what’s needed, but don’t overwhelm your audience with extraneous information;
- Update often: as new questions arise, update your FAQ page. Ask all your employees to submit any new problems or issues they encounter. Look on your social media pages for potential options as well. Continually aim to improve the page with the latest information;
- Categorize questions: group similar questions together (i.e., shipping, subscriptions, product information, etc.) to help customers find answers easier;
- Use perspective: write questions from the customer’s point of view (“How do I…”) and answers from the company’s side of things (“We provide…”). Consider using this space to demonstrate the personality of your brand with a humorous or casual tone;
- Format correctly: it might seem obvious, but use a question and answer format for your FAQ page. Consider making questions stand out with a bold text, or bulleting similar questions and using section headers (H2 or H3s). This ensures scannability and readability.
Overall, create your FAQ page with customers in mind. It should provide straightforward answers to any questions they may have and help them understand the value of your product/service. Determine what customers are asking most often and generate responses that complement information highlighted elsewhere on your site (then link to those pages).
Reap the Benefits of an FAQ Page
An FAQ page is a great way to improve your company’s site and UX. The FAQ content can boost SEO, helping your site appear higher on the SERPs. Then, once visitors find your site, the page can help answer any questions about your business, brand, and offerings. Ultimately, creating a great FAQ page can lead to more conversions and overall sales for your brand or product. Use the above tips to better understand how to create an FAQ page for your site.